20 July 2006

9th Q Madness

Most quarters, I get slammed at the end with exams, lab finals, and final exams all within a 2-3 week period. Lately, I've been getting slammed at the beginning of the quarter. Front loaded with busy work, student organization (SMP) coordination, major exams, and add all of that on top of 40+ hours per week of class time and time in the clinic seeing patients and filling out mountains of paperwork. Humanly possible, I suppose so. "Annoying and stressful" are better descriptors.

My classmates are equally stressed out, and we're only in the second week of the 10 week marathon. We're trying to figure out clinic paperwork which amounts to 2-3 hours per patient file. . . that is NO exaggeration. It's a little confusing when different faculty clinicians tell us different ways to do the process. But hey, I'm gonna roll with it. I can tell my patients are frustrated that appointments take so long when they just want to get adjusted. But, I fly through the exams and paperwork as fast as I possibly can so I can get to the heart of why they're in the clinic and how I truly can help them. I hope they understand because they'll be in the same situation soon when they start seeing their own patients in the clinic.

I've been working out 5 days a week. Sure it takes up a lot of time, but I have a lot of stress, and I'm far more effective at studying when I can pound it out on the dreadmill or on a fuzzy yellow ball. Today is Tennis Thursday, and I've been looking forward to it all week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home