13 April 2006

Date night and gymin' it up!

Didn't do sprints. Instead, I joined Katie in her apt gym and did 30 minutes circuit on elliptical, 'mill, and recumbent bike. I like being flexible with my running plan so that it stays interesting and intriguing.

Also, Steve & I watched Memoirs of a Geisha. Aside from the fact that the lead actresses were obviously Chinese and not Japanese, it was a great movie. Excellent acting, beautiful cinematography, and a stirring story that painted the sadness of loss of family, freedom, and friendship, and the emptiness of status and money. I loved the artistry of the fan dances, pouring tea, and the grace and poise that is conveyed in the geisha. I also love the poetic descriptions of life and people in the language of east asian cultures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home