20 September 2007

Closing a chapter on professional education


Tomorrow at 2pm, I will graduate. After 3.25 years of chiropractic school (following a 4-year undergraduate program), I will finally be a doctor of chiropractic. I'm DONE with school . . . at LAST!

Now, I just need to make it through my last month of pregnancy, and this is definitely a tough month! I'm so belly heavy that it's uncomfortable to sit, sleep, walk, stand, or do just about anything. I love it when the blood just rushes to my uterus and about all I can do is sit down on the floor. I can go from being relaxed to feeling so uncomfortable that I have to just plop down wherever I'm at in about 30 seconds. Right now, this little bambino is chalking up about 6 lbs, and I still have almost a month to go. Estimated baby weight at birth is 8.5 lbs.

Even though I can't don the cap, gown, and hood for the ceremony and celebrate in true 073 style, I'm going to celebrate tomorrow evening anyway. My mom and step-dad are meeting us in Clarks Summit for dinner at Pepato's Cafe. Yay!

Hopefully in the next 6 months, Steve & I will figure out where we want to move and settle down . . . where we'll open a practice, and then I can figure out all the other details involved with that huge life-changing event!

I'm taking a hiatus on this blog for awhile since I'm not going to be doing anything chiropractic-related for a few months (at least until well after the baby's born and I'm licensed). But, for updates on baby and travel, stay tuned to our Baby Blog.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are doing fine...had a lovely baby boy or girl...cos its almost a month :)

19 October, 2007 08:56  
Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your practice.

14 July, 2008 20:11  
Anonymous Josh said...

Congratulations! I am a student myself and planning for the future. Check out my blog and help students out. I am trying to get the word out if you could spead the word about the blog and help us out, that would be great. Thanks,
www.successfulchiropractic.blogspot.com

11 September, 2009 15:21  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home