05 March 2007

Done with Clinic Reqs!

I have officially met all my adjusting graduation requirements for clinic as of today! Yes! Now, I only need to do some of the other mandatory paperwork applications that prevent me from going on preceptorship. It's to the point that I sigh in relief when a patient cancels an appointment. It's one less thing to prepare for and it sometimes saves me an extra 2 hours a day (due to prep time). So, I don't mind one bit.

I'm starting to say goodbye to some patients and hand them off to other interns. As my friend DeJeanne once said, "you're happy to get your patients for the first time, and you're happy to let 'em go when it's time". I know this is totally unrealisitic to how things operate in the real world, but it is nice to close another chapter of school requirements.

I hope that I'll be able to get all 10 necessary cases of high complexity from my existing patient base, or else I'll have to hand off all my current patients and garner new ones from the outreach that qualify for the high complexity. It's such a numbers game for us with requirements, and it's very very silly.

I am grateful for the opportunity to work with some amazing people and to learn from them. I'm still amazed that so many of my patients got better and kept returning for more care. How cool is that when the protocols work and I and the patients can experience the results first-hand!?

Boards are gonna be here on March 18th. I'm burned out from studying for them, so when I do review anymore in the next couple of weeks, it will be 0ut of sheer discipline. I guess that's better than studying out of the fear factor that I will completely bomb the test. This exam is NOT curved, so I actually have to score above 70% on this board. However, I'll do my best, and not sweat the small stuff.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Congratulations on completing another phase in your career. It shows a lot of dedication and fortitude (no wonder you are a runner). By the way, I want to thank you for linking to our Blog Database on the main Faithful Soles web site. We now have running bloggers from 37 states in the USA and 20 other countries.

07 March, 2007 15:29  
Blogger Kt said...

Congratulations Dolly.. all your hard work and prayer has definately paid off... How are you doing? How is life in general?

I pray for your continued diligence, and hope all is well.

Katie

11 March, 2007 09:46  
Blogger LU said...

YAY!

13 March, 2007 10:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home