26 April 2006

Strength

Like every other human on the planet, I have an opinion about many things. Seldom do I completely agree with another person on an issue, husband included. Although, Steve & I tend to agree more often about most topics. I do enjoy the occasional discussion about theoretical, professional, or religious topics. But, I find it hard when another person can be completely polarized on an issue, and that other person is a friend. I think one of my greatest strengths (and sometimes greatest weaknesses) is my ability to develop strong, lasting, and meaningful relationships with other people. I can become concerned if I feel that engaging in a discussion of opposing views may affect that relationship, which may sometimes determine whether or not I broach the same topic with a person in the future. This has happened to me several times over the years, and I've never left a situation without it affecting me somewhat.

Regarding that, I asked my good friend Josh if I come across too strong to other people. To which, he replied, "You can never be too strong. Some people are just too weak to handle who you are." Thanks, Josh!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Ha! I agree, though sometimes for the sake of that person's weakness we still need to be careful. I never felt intimidated or anything, if that helps. God Bless!

26 April, 2006 21:44  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home