01 February 2006

Ridin' the wave

This quarter is so different than previous quarters, and it's not just the fact that I don't have to pour over anatomy books for hours on end. I'm enveloped in a great purpose, part of an incredible team, and the swell of involvement is growing.

I got a few shocked stares when I actually left a lecture during the break, because I have earned a reputation for the past 1.5 years for never skipping class. But, I just had to study boards and avoid yet another lecture headaches.

Josh chided me because he knew it was only a matter of time before I broke down and started skipping a class here or there. He said it's because I started a club. I think I have loads more time for other things this quarter, but I'm 10 times busier than ever.

I feel like I caught this incredible wave and it's not something I can reverse or even slow down . . . I'm on board so I've got to ride it out. It's an incredible wave because so many other people are on board, taking ownership and adding to its momentum. However, sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of something so enormous that I don't know exactly how it'll turn out . . . and I realize that it'll be a L-O-N-G time before I can catch my breath and get some rest. The thought of that just begins to wear me down, and then the incredible rush of the wave just propels me and keeps me surging forward.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep riding! The payoff is worth enjoying the ride! :o)

06 February, 2006 00:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home