24 November 2005

Thankful


I'm thankful that Steve & I can celebrate Thanksgiving together and share our own family traditions. One of our favorites is watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, both film shorts. I personally enjoy decorating the table with linens that are folded in the shape of turkeys. Whatever your family traditions on this day of thanks, enjoy your time with loved ones and have a wonderful day!!

Steve & I wanted to volunteer this morning to help feed the homeless. I called 5 different places yesterday: county soup kitchen, Salvation Army, and a few churches in the area. All were more than full of volunteers. So, we may help out Friday or Saturday when it goes back to regular meal time needs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I guess if you are going to have a problem with the shelters, having too many volunteers is probably one of the better ones.

25 November, 2005 10:03  
Blogger Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

Jon: Yeah, too many vols is definitely a good problem to have! Apparently Thanksgiving is the number one volunteer day of the year. So, I guess it's better to volunteer on other days. I'm really thinking about doing that Turkey Trot 5k at least over the remainder of the weekend. That's something I've always wanted to do on Thanksgiving day. I have NO excuses, I've always lived in warm weather states!!

25 November, 2005 10:16  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home