05 September 2005

Weekend Shenanigans

OK, I already posted about the wedding ceremony. But, so much more happend! Steve and I arrived at the rehearsal dinner which was a whirlwind of color and fiesta: pinatas, Canadian farmer's sausage, tamales, pistachios, tortilla chips y salsa, and potato salad. The bride wore a gorgeous white dress and pink, straw cowgirl hat (which she also provided for her bridesmaids). I enjoyed seeing familiar faces of friends from Oklahoma. . . gals I hadn't seen for 2 years!!

We had a blast catching up with Laura, Jenn, & the gang at the Homewood Suites. And I really enjoyed tearing up the dance floor with Patty (You go girl!!!) I loved watching Kristen tend to her sweet baby Jonathan. Now, I've seen pictures of Kristen with her baby. . .but I had never yet met him or seen her interact with him until this weekend. It really moved me. I saw her playing with him at the reception and just being a fun momma. . .and I thought to myself, I can totally do this mommy thing! Funny thing is I was probably asked somewhere near 10 times this weekend when we're gonna start having kids. People have been asking us this since we were engaged over 5 years ago. Steve and I actually discussed this topic on the plane ride over to NM, and I think God has used circumstances to provide a clearer window / timeframe for us. So, no need to ask us. . .we'll let you know when we're pregnant. It just hasn't been the right time yet.

Sunday morning, after the wedding, we celebrated motherhood and babyhood in a shower for Jennifer. What fun to see her open cute gifts for baby. Those were 2 words that were off-limits for the duration of the shower. But, cunning Andrea caught everyone who peeped those words so she could win the coveted heart-shaped soap that smelled like flowers. I think the coolest baby gift that Jenn received was the combat onesie. I know Wes is gonna have a blast with that one and take baby hunting!

Steve was able to get his Fuddrucker's fix. Green chile's on a burger are awfully good! We also tried the local pizza and sandwich joint, Dion's which the girls raved about. It was better than Jimmy Johns--I'm a fan of any sandwich shop that offers a whole wheat baguette!

Our anniversary was memorable. Steve sang to me the same song he sang to me when he gave me my engagement ring--the same song he sang to me at our wedding, "If you could see what I see" by Geoff Moore. He only sings to me once a year, if I'm lucky. He also gave me my heart's content of chocolate: Andes mints and dark chocolate. I'd been almost 100% dessert free for close to 10 weeks (with only 2 servings of icecream and 1 taste of cheesecake in that timeframe). I was holding out for the wedding weekend. But alas, now it's time to hop back on the healthy wagon and maintain my resilience. Much easier to do the longer I go without chocolate and ice cream.

I have other thoughts about some things I learned about myself and chiropractic for a later post. Cool thing is I got some great ideas for an upcoming scholarship application essay. I hope all of you had a memorable Labor Day weekend, too. I was happy to get out of town with Steve (something he and I haven't done together since we moved here last summer).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home