31 December 2006

Happy New Year's Eve--Bring on 2007!

Unlike most people I know, I don't do new year's resolutions. Instead, I just set goals each quarter since that's how the calendar year breaks up for us with the academic schedule at school. It works out quite nicely. Instead of setting some goals in January that I'll forget about by June, I just set them every 3 months when I can still keep them at the forefront of my mind. I realize it's still December 31st in many time zones, but I'm getting a head start on my winter quarter goals, which I always categorize based on topics. I've found when I group my goals, make them reasonable and focused, I'm much better at staying on track and prioritizing what's important to me when it seems like everything is vying for my time and attention.

Spiritual
1. Read 2 chapters in 2 different books of the Bible every day
2. Pray for 2-5 different people each day of the week
3. Get the women's prayer group going again, and meet every week
4. Read at least 1 spiritually oriented or academic book by the end of the quarter

Academic
1. Set up a study schedule for national boards and stick with it
2. Pass Part III national boards in March!
3. Finish clinic requirements by the end of April
4. Complete research article for publication before June
5. Apply for preceptorship!

Physical
1. Finish the Disney half-marathon in January!
2. Make the time to complete run or swim workouts 3-4x per week every week
3. Try rowing on the Halifax. . . if I like it, do it at least once a week for 6 weeks
4. Avoid inflammatory foods
6. Prepare meals the night before to help both of us out during the busy school/clinic weekdays

Personal / Relationships
1. Take time out to relax and read a non-academic, non-chiropractic book this quarter
2. Have a date night with Steve at least twice a month, if not every weekend
3. Call my long-distance friends at least once a month
4. Hang out with my girlfriends at least twice a month (study time or rehab do not count as hanging out!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home