14 December 2005

Excerpts from Psalm 119 ( the very thing I needed to read today)

Psalm 119:57-64
You are my portion, O LORD;
I have promised to obey your words.
I have sought your face with all my heart;
be gracious to me according to your promise.
I have considered my ways
and have turned my steps to your statutes.
I will hasten and not delay
to obey your commands.
Though th ewicked bind me with ropes,
I will not forget your law.
At midnight I rise to give you thanks
for your righteous laws.
I am a friend to all who fear you,
to all who follow your precepts.
The earth is filled with your love, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:97-104
Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are ever with me.
I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes.
I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.
I have kept my feet from every evil path
so tha tI might obey your word.
I have not departed from your laws,
for you yourself have taught me.
How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
I gain understanding from your precepts;
therefore I hate every wrong path.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dolly, Thanks for posting the scripture on your blog. It was very encouraging. Check out my blog if you get a chance at ChristianRunner.com. God Bless!

14 December, 2005 14:36  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home