20 August 2005

Chill Time

This is the first weekend I've had in over a month where we're not doing something social with others and I'm not working a booth at the mall for spinal screenings. I didn't realize how much that was wearing me out. I finally had time to dust the furniture, and take a nap on a Saturday. Sweet joy!

Steve and I relaxed, did some studying, and played on the soccer fields tonight. By playing, I mean core strengthening and balancing exercises like hand-stands. I needed a little help in this area, and I'm still working on my graceful tuck and roll afterwards. So, I bonked my cranium on the grass a couple of times which was a little jarring to my brain. It felt no worse that riding the Rock 'n Roller coaster at Disney's MGM.

We had the most awesome new dish for dinner: eggplant parm. YUM!!! I had no idea it would be so delicious. I'm so excited we have enough left over for tomorrow's lunch.

So, how often does someone's apartment rent acutally decrease? That's gotta be the rarity. But, it happened to us. Not only did next month's and future rents decrease a significant amount, but it was a retro decrease through last May. So, we actually get a credit for rent! When I was just going nuts trying to figure out how to bring in extra cash to pay for various things, God has just showered us with financial blessings in totally unforeseens ways over the past week.

I also got offered a job as a staff writer for the school paper which is a work-study position. That means, fairly significant pay for minimal work that's got fleixble hours since it's understood that school comes first: how perfect!

We're planning on a trip to East Asia next summer, together this time. There's a few people interested in joining us and we really hope it works out that they can all go! How exciting to plan such a cool trip and to go with some of our dearest friends!

In 2 weeks, we're going to a wedding for our friend Tara and a baby shower for our friend Jennifer. It'll be a nice reunion time with friends in Albuquerque where we'll enjoy the southwest cuisine and a weekend away.

Speaking of babies, my friend Christina is pregnant. She wrote a cool blog on her husband's blogsite Shema. Hope you'll take a few minutes to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home